Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Streamlined resource delivery using Ansible and automated repetitive tasks. Tasks included server deployments and new user on-boarding.
- Renovated infrastructure stack with a main focus on hybrid-cloud, automation, and versioning. Emphasized open standards and cloud technologies when possible.
- Redesigned corporate network infrastructure to effectively support nationwide multi-site collaboration. Workloads included video, voice, and other latency sensitive protocols. Architected through the use of cloud and on-premise technologies.
- Deployed and maintained hyper-converged Microsoft Datacenter 2019 cluster. Performed configuration and maintenance of the associated software defined network stack (ROCE - S2D).
- Implemented and maintained virtual desktop work-spaces for off-site developers in 4 countries using Remote Desktop Services.
- Implemented open-source monitoring and alerting stack (Grafana, InfluxDB, Telegraf). Provided greater daily operational visibility in addition to valuable insight, garnering a greater ability to forecast through the use of metrics.
Rice Insurance LLC
- Led company IT direction - focused on redundancy of business critical systems and ease of expansion using cloud and on premise solutions.
- Maintained users across multiple sites remotely using Office 365 hybrid cloud, VPN tunnel connections ,and scripted solutions.
- Standardized new staff on-boarding procedure and automated account and machine setup to scale myself as the workload (employee count) increased.
Web Systems Administrator
International Society for Optical Engineers
- Managed production intranet and extranet hosting - IIS, Sharepoint, F5, SSRS, Endeca, Google Search Appliance, Apache, FTP, CRM, Ingeniux CMS.
- Created business continuity plan for responsible systems - included a desired state configuration of each server using PowerShell.
- Designed and maintained distributed file system for backend webcluster data shared storage.